Vaccinated American Tourists Traveling to Peru
Vaccination in the US and the protocols developed in Peru to receive vaccinated tourists with peace of mind.
After three months of mass vaccination across the United States, more than 40% of Americans have received at least a shot of a COVID-19 vaccine. So, what does this mean for international travel? According to The Center for Disease Control and Prevention, once you have been fully vaccinated, you can calmly travel internationally as long as you continue to follow steps to protect yourself and others.
If Peru has been on your bucket list for a while, this may be the perfect time to travel and visit the incredible Sanctuary of Machu Picchu in Cusco. At Casa del Sol Hotel, you will be able to enjoy amazing discounts, beautiful scenery and have delicious meals at our hotel restaurant. Not only do we provide you with a once-in-a-lifetime experience, but we also take care of your safety and guarantee sanitary protocols. We have the Safe Travels certification, a seal that recognizes the complete and correct application of hygiene and sanitation measures established by The World Travel and Tourism Council or WTTC. We also apply all the protocols established by the Peruvian State, which seek to protect the health of all collaborators, clients, and suppliers that are part of the hotel and strengthen the surveillance, containment, and response systems against the risk of contagion from Covid-19. Our number one priority is to look out for the well-being of our guests.
The Peruvian government has also developed sanitary protocols to receive all travelers safely. These are a few of them:
- Peru requires inbound international passengers on commercial flights to have either a negative real-time COVID-19 molecular (RT-PCR), negative antigen test result, or a medical certificate of epidemiological discharge that is no more than 72 hours old after being issued and before boarding the plane.
- Children under the age of 12 can present a certificate of health issued by a medical doctor instead of a negative test.
- All passengers must also complete an affidavit of health (found here: https://e-notificacion.migraciones.gob.pe/dj-salud/).
- The entrance of non-resident passengers traveling from Europe or South Africa has been suspended (or travelers who have transited there in the last 14 days).
- Masks are required at all times.
- Face shields are required to enter many establishments, including shopping centers, markets, supermarkets, department stores, and other crowded places.
The protocols are prone to change and depend on government requirements. Hence, we recommend continuously checking Peru’s Ministry of Migration web page to maintain updated on the information in their system.
We look forward to receiving fully vaccinated international tourists this year. At Casa del Sol Hotel, we work hard to maintain your safety!